Why Rhône-Alpes region?
- Leading French region for industrial sub-contracting
- 2nd biggest French region for the ICT industry, with international level Research and Development clusters (12 clusters and 12 competition centres)
- 25% of France’s optics/photonics sector activity
- Strong specialisation in electronic components and equipment manufacture
- Numerous research centres and laboratories (LETI/CEA, INRIA, CREATIS, CNRS), laboratories and top universities (ECOLE CENTRALE, ESIAR, ECAM, INSA, ESIEE, etc.) involved in new ICTs, optics/photonics, electronics, micro-electronics and measurement/instrumentation.